Summer time is the most popular time for weddings for those couples that want to have their special day outside! That also means that summer time is the most popular time for anniversaries! Coming up with the perfect anniversary gift for that special someone can be very time consuming and hard for some people. For those that are approaching their one year wedding anniversary this summer, or any other wedding anniversary, here are some gift ideas besides the amazing flowers we love to provide to our customers.
1. A walk along the canal in downtown Indianapolis is always something cost effective but fun for couples to do together. The canal also has pedal boats that you and your partner can rent and travel up and down the beautiful canal and experience the sites of downtown Indianapolis.
2. The zoo! Now some people may think the zoo is just for kids but who doesn’t like animals? And who wouldn’t enjoy the perks of slowly strolling around the zoo, checking out any exhibit that you would like, without having to chase your little people around or missing out on your favorite animals because the kids have had enough and are ready to go?
3. Maybe you and your partner are more into historical buildings. The West Baden Springs hotel in French Lick offers 70 minute walking tours of the hotel and grounds that take place four times a day every day of the year except Christmas day. Spend a lovely evening at one of the four restaurants located on the grounds of the hotel and have a night to relax in one of the many rooms of the this historical hotel.
4. Indiana Repertory Theater hosts many theatrical performances and concerts throughout the year if your special someone is into that. It might not be Broadway but if you are unable to travel far this would be a great way to catch one of the many Broadway shows that comes through Indianapolis!
5. Rolling hills and streams of the outdoors more your thing? Check out Turkey Run State Park and enjoy a long peaceful stroll through the wilderness with that special someone!
6. Maybe you and your partner have the chance to travel out of state, a trip to a remote beach or a cruise is always a way to spend special time with that special someone.
7. Only have a sitter for the kiddos for a few hours? Take the evening and check out a new restaurant that you and your partner have never been to and then enjoy a movie.
8. Maybe you and your partner don’t have the chance to escape for some one on one time and as much as she loves flowers, she would rather have something that she can keep for many years to come. Come check out the wide variety of silk flower arrangements we have in the shop!
9. Over the years you have given that special someone several beautiful pieces of jewelry and she has no good place to keep them when they are not being worn. We can help you out with that too! We have a large variety of wooden musical jewelry boxes to pick from.
10. Flowers are always a great way to go but maybe she already has several vases from flowers you have sent her before. Take some time and come into the shop and have one of our customer service staff help you personally select a beautiful bouquet of handpicked flowers to take home to that special one in your life!
As you and your special someone approach that anniversary time, take some time to check out the local attractions in our wonderful state and check out the amazing selection of flowers and gifts we have in our shop!
Click below to check out some of our Fresh Flower Selections!
Click below to check out "The Best of Indiana" for more Anniversary ideas!
For other flower ideas and How-to videos, check out our YouTube Channel!